To unite and empower the rural women and train them in various skills in order to make them financially independent and make them more confident and self reliant.
Aims & Objectives of the Program
- To create an opportunity for Unskilled women and girls for skill development.
- Empowering women to contribute financially and socially to the society through various income generation and skill development activities.
- To create awareness and training among rural women about good health practices maintaining health hygiene and sanitation of not only personal but the whole rural community.
- To create a wholistic health program which includes physical, mental, emotional and spiritual care for the rural women, adolescent girls and children
What is the Need of Skill Center for Women
- Lack of proper infrastructure and training to enhance womens education.
- Need for teaching various skills to the rural women such as sewing, embroidery, beauticians course, jewellery making, cooking and baking and handicrafts in order to provide a source of income and sustenance for rural women.
- Need for rural women to be trained to become entrepreneurs and become financially independent.
- Need for providing quality health hygiene and sanitation training for a wholistic well being of the rural women.
PALGHAR DISTRICT SKILL GAP OBSERVATION
- Labor force to be generated by 2023 : 47.08 Lakh
- Total target population to be trained for skill development annually: 44, 695
- Annual capacity of the district to train students is extremely less
1. Short term skilling: 4830
2. ITI (Government and Private): 40
Hence, important for other organizations to bridge the skilling gap
* Source: Micro- Level Skill Gap Study for the State of Maharashtra dated 2019